Blue Ridge Community & Technical College – 9 month Nursing Faculty position
Apply online at: http://jobs.blueridgectc.edu/
The Nursing Lecturer provides classroom and clinical instruction for the ASN program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement classroom and clinical activities for enrolled nursing students, including development of assignments, tests, and clinical evaluations according to college and nursing department standards.
• Provide direct supervision to students in clinical agencies
• Maintain office hours according to college requirements.
• Participate in ASN program continual evaluation and improvement.
• Advise assigned students according to established processes.
• Participate in college committees and assigned duties.
Doctoral Degree in Nursing or related field; or Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
Must have a graduate degree with a major in nursing;
have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and be enrolled in a graduate degree program with a major in nursing within one year of employment as a faculty member;
have a bachelor’s degree with a major in nursing and at least 10 years of direct patient care experience as a registered nurse.
Registered nurse with direct patient care experience in medical-surgical/adult health.
Clinical agency health requirements compliance required.
Minimum of two years teaching experience preferred.
Current, unencumbered WV RN license.
Must also be licensed as RN in any state where clinical experiences are provided.
All faculty positions are lecturer rank with temporary classification at entry.
Position open until filled.
AA EOE M/F/Vet/Disability
Benefits: Blue Ridge CTC provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. We offer health, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, retirement with matching contribution, and generous employee leave. The benefits, programs, and services offered are a sizable amount of an employee’s total compensation and important factors in promoting a healthy work/life balance. See our website for more details.