Blue Ridge Community & Technical College – Computer Networking Program Coordinator
Apply online at: http://jobs.blueridgectc.edu/
The position is responsible for coordinating, maintaining testing, and developing the remote lab access capabilities for the information technology programs at Blue Ridge CTC. The position will also instruct and support the College by advising students in the Division of Information Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Vice President and Associate Dean with projects related to assessment and other areas of academic affairs.
• Assist the Vice President and Associate Dean in the development and reporting of grants; including program reviews and post audit reports.
• Assist the Vice President and Associate Dean in the development and reporting of new initiatives in the technology programs.
• Coordinate all curricular activities for the Computer Network Engineering Technologies degree and certificate programs (program assessments, curriculum development, course schedule, adjunct faculty selection, textbook orders, BlackBoard).
• Create courses, certificates, skill sets, advanced skill sets for the CNET programs.
• Coordinate advisory board for the CNET program.
• Effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and meet strict guidelines.
• Recruit new students for the CNET program.
• Provide academic advisement to students within the IT Division.
• Attend and participate in New Student Orientations.
• Maintain a minimum of 10 office hours weekly for students.
• Teach a load commensurate with teaching assignment.
• Maintain knowledge, training, and certifications for the networking field.
• Represent the School of Workforce Development and Engineering Technologies on committees as assigned.
• Collaborate with BRCTC personnel for implementing the mission, vision, core values and strategic plan for the institution.
• Assist the coordinators of Computer Network Engineering Technologies, Information Technology and Cyber Security with continued course and program development, developing and testing labs and project assignments, and with maintaining lab equipment.
• Maintain, update, administer, and test the remote technology capabilities for all technology programs, including NETlabs.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology or Computer Networking field is required.
• Higher degree and/or significant industry experience is preferred.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
• Knowledge of computer networking and remote technology.
• Excellent organizational, management, and office skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication and leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Experience working successfully in a high-demand environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Highly motivated, well-organized, and creative self-starter.
• Understanding of global issues.
Licensure or Certifications
• CCNA Certification is required upon hire or within 12 months of hire.
All faculty positions are lecturer rank with temporary classification at entry.
Position open until filled
AA EOE M/F/Vet/Disability
Blue Ridge CTC provides a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. We offer health, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, retirement with matching contribution, and generous employee leave. The benefits, programs, and services offered are a sizable amount of an employee’s total compensation and important factors in promoting a healthy work/life balance. See our website for more details.