CITY OF MARTINSBURG
WASTEWATER COLLECTION SYSTEM CREW CHIEF
The City of Martinsburg Utility Department has an immediate opening for a full time Wastewater Collection System Crew Chief.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required. A valid driver’s license (CDL license preferred) is required for the position with maintenance of the license and insurability mandatory to remain in this position. Ability to possess and maintain West Virginia Wastewater Collections System Operator Certification is required. Must meet all physical requirements of the position, including standing, lifting, physical labor and working in confined spaces.
The Wastewater Collection System Crew Chief performs a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the construction and maintenance of the sanitary sewer system.
Position assigns and/or supervises the work of other collection system crewmembers and equipment operators. Supervisory experience in similar work settings is required.
Candidate must possess considerable knowledge of equipment, material, facilities, methods and procedures used in utility construction, finishing and testing. Performs other duties as assigned assisting in all Utility Department projects and any joint projects with Public Works Department.
Candidates must meet the criteria for consideration.
Salary pay grade 12-$34,531 dependent on experience with excellent benefit package. General employment application and complete job description may be found at www.cityofmartinsburg.org under the Careers tab or at City Hall, 2nd Floor, 232 N. Queen St., Martinsburg, WV 25401. Deadline for application is Friday, July 26, 2019. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF MARTINSBURG EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
NON-CIVIL SERVICE – (CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES)
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life ($20,000) – Paid for the employee at 90% and paid for dependents at 70%. Total insurance package current monthly rates are: single coverage – $89.52 employee share and $769.57 City share for a total premium of $895.32; Current rate employee + 1 person-$353.26 employee share and $1421.227 City share for a total premium of $1774.48; Current rate family coverage – $415.50 employee share and $1,566.50 City share for a total premium of $1,982.00. These rates are monthly rates and deductions are divided among two payrolls per month. In the month with 3 pay dates, no insurances are withheld. Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is the current health and vision carrier and METLIFE is the current dental carrier. AXA Equitable provides the life insurance. New hires are eligible for coverage the first of the month following hire date.
- Vacation Leave – 1 – 4 years of service – 80 hours per year
5 – 14 years of service – 120 hours per year
15 – 20 years of service – 160 hours per year
21 or more years of service – 200 hours per year
Employees serve a six-month probationary period during which they accrue paid leave but cannot utilize paid leave. Required leave without pay would require supervisor approval.
Employees may carry two full years of vacation before forfeiture. Employees are paid for their unpaid vacation time (up to two years) at time of termination.
- Sick Leave –Accrue 8 hours per month – Employees may carry 1080 hours of sick leave of which they are eligible for payment upon termination. Sick leave accrued in excess of 1080 hours will be credited to personal leave up to a personal leave balance of 200 hours.
- Personal Leave – 24 hours per year – Personal leave is added to each employees’ leave record on July 1 of each year. Sick leave accrued in excess of 1080 hours will also credit to personal leave balance. Personal leave may be carried over from year to year. Personal leave balance may not exceed 200 hours.
- Bereavement Leave – Employees receive three days bereavement leave for the death of an immediate family member. The definition of immediate family member is found in the City of Martinsburg’s Personnel Rules and Policies.
- Employees receive all governmental holidays as outlined in the West Virginia Code.
- Direct Deposit services are offered.
- Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) – All employees who are hired for the first time and first become a member of PERS on or after July 1, 2015 (Tier II PERS participants) are required to participate at a rate of 6.00% of their gross payroll. The City will contribute 11.00%.
- AFLAC Insurance Policies – The employee pays 100% for these policies. (Voluntary)
- Jury Duty – Employees will be granted reasonable time off and shall be compensated at the regular rate of pay when required to serve on a jury or attend court sessions when subpoenaed and in a capacity other than a defendant or plaintiff.
- Use of City Vehicle – A City vehicle will be provided, as available, from the work place to conduct City business.
- Pay Increases – City Council reviews and authorizes pay increases, as funds are available, each July 1. An employee pay increase is based upon a merit evaluation.
- Longevity – Employees who have been under the employ of the City of Martinsburg for four (4) years receive $250 longevity pay. An additional $50 is added each year thereafter.
- Training/Travel – Employees are reimbursed for training, lodging and meals while traveling on behalf of the City of Martinsburg. Employees whose job requires travel (in connection with City business when a City vehicle is unavailable) may furnish their own vehicle and be reimbursed at the current IRS approved mileage rate for travel.
- Tuition Aid – Employees are reimbursed by the City for 50% of tuition costs for courses leading to a job-related degree up to two courses or six credits per semester.