Contract Meter Reader
Location: Martinsburg, WV
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is a diversified energy company dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy comprises one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems based on serving six million customers in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. Its diverse generating fleet features non-emitting nuclear, scrubbed baseload coal, natural gas, and pumped storage hydro and other renewables, and has a total generating capacity of approximately 24,000 megawatts.
This is an open contract position for Potomac Edison Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. The successful candidate will work for a third party contractor for approximately 12 – 18 months.
– Accurately reading meters installed on customer premises, including visually checking for and reporting service diversion and metering irregularities.
– Delivering company notices.
– Performing duties in alignment with storm restoration efforts.
– High school diploma or G.E.D.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
– Meter reading experience preferred.
– Must use all-wheel or four-wheel drive vehicle to read meters (eligible for mileage reimbursement).
– Ability to safely drive and walk in all types of weather over all types of terrain.
– Ability to successfully deal with customers.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Working overtime as needed.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
*To be considered for this position, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 13, 2017.*