VILLAGE SQUARE LEARNING
Job Title: Child Care Teacher (Part-time)
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Village Square Family Childcare – Early Learning Program has a need for Part-Time Substitute Child Care Teacher. We expect our team members to be enthusiastic and flexible in meeting the changing needs of our program. The child care program is open Monday – Friday between 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. This is a Part-Time position.
This teacher will teach when a regular teacher is on absent. When not substituting in the classroom, this teacher will support with office duties for the family childcare operations. The position reports to the Director of Child Care. The successful/hired candidate will be responsible for assisting with:
- Developing, planning and delivering a developmentally appropriate program for children ages 1 to 5 years of age, as well as coordinating the After-School program activities for school age children.
- Participating in ongoing assessment of individual children.
- Coordinate classroom and Nutrition related activities
- Communicating with parents (oral/written).
- Accurately maintaining records.
- Maintaining the facility to ensure safety and security of the children.
- Supporting the Lead Teacher/Director to ensure Village Square Learning maintains program compliance with West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources Child Care Licensing, and West Virginia Department of Education standards.
- High school graduation or G.E.D
- Current certifications in pediatric First Aid and CPR are required, or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Valid WV Driver’s License and reliable transportation
- An Associate degree in Early Childhood Education, or
- Development Associate (CDA) or current enrollment in an education program
- Experience in a licensed early childhood program.
- Applications must be received by – open until filled.
- The application process: Please submit resume of qualification to:
- Chinelle@thevillagesquare.us call: 304-279-8556
- As a condition of employment, completion of a background check is required at the time of hire
Village Square Learning Family Childcare is a tobacco-free environment.
For disability related accommodations please call 304-279-8556 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Village Square Learning is a family early childhood education and development program committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, and staff.