Orion Strategies is expanding and currently has an opening for an entry-level public relations professional in our Martinsburg, West Virginia office. Orion Strategies is a strategic communications and integrated marketing firm serving national, regional and local clients in various industries through public relations, governmental affairs, research and polling, stakeholder relations, grassroots marketing, community outreach, coalition building, and creative services. Our firm offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package to our full-time employees. Please submit a resume, a cover letter and a salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be asked to provide writing samples prior to interviewing. We request that you do not contact us by phone.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Senior Account Executives in various public relations, stakeholder relations, community outreach and coalition building functions
- Writing and editing media communications, including press releases, background materials, bios, media pitches, op-eds, outreach letters, etc.
- Day-to-day assistance of projects, including development of briefing materials for clients and reporting documents.
- Distribution of press announcements
- Assisting PR projects, including production of materials, coordination with other team members, and securing requisite approvals
- Assisting inbound and outbound information requests to and from field PR, traditional media agencies/social media, and other vendors on new projects
- Conducting outreach by phone to stakeholders and community officials on client projects and issues
- Providing additional support on public relations, communications, and social media requests, as needed
- Limited travelling for conferences, meetings, media visits, and client events, as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience or education in public relations, marketing or communications with first-hand knowledge of and experience in media relations, public relations and social media
- Have strong writing and oral communication abilities
- Have strong communications skills and be comfortable utilizing both phone and technology platforms to timely correspond with clients, co-workers and project stakeholders.
- Have sound organization and time management skills
- Have working knowledge of project management systems and tools
- Have personal and professional knowledge and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, location-based applications, and measurement tools
- Possess a strong knowledge of and the ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint