Job Title: Relationship Advisor I
Job Reporting Relationships
Supervised by: Sr. Relationship Advisor or Community Relationship Manager III, II, I
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent required, an Associate Degree in financial related discipline preferred; successful completion of First United Bank & Trust Training Program; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Above average communication (face to face, phone and written) and interpersonal relations skills; proficient analytical and mathematics skills; above average attention to detail; ability to multi task; PC and Internet proficient; proficient eye-hand coordination; ability to operate various office machines; ability to lift approximately fifty (50) lbs. of coin; visual and auditory skills.
Experience: One (1) – two (2) years’ previous work experience in sales, customer service and /or cash handling experience preferred.
Relationship Advisor performs a broad range of tasks with general complexities and scope to include both teller and platform responsibilities. This position welcomes and establishes relationships by getting to know the customer to provide an uncommon customer experience. Builds rapport with new and existing customers by utilizing the CARE Program process to meet and support individual, business and organizations goals and values. Must display principles of core values including teamwork, accountability, passion for helping others, communication, service oriented and continuous improvement.
- Processes checks, cash and the sale of negotiable instrument transactions adhering to the banks current policies and procedures.
- Balances cash drawer as required and monitors own work for accuracy.
- Resolves problems or discrepancies on customer accounts in a timely manner.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Performs daily branch activities such as safe deposit duties, opening and closing branch and vault, other duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety, security and compliance procedures.
- Schedule and prioritize work activities, effectively handling frequent interruptions while following up on commitments in a timely manner.
- Follows a robust training curriculum and applies learned skills to maximize customer engagement and experience.
- Adheres to First United Bank & Trust’s culture and brand.
- Sales & Uncommon Customer Experience
- Providing uncommon customer experience by adhering to the service standards in the attached document.
- Responds promptly to general customer needs and requests for service.
- Exhibits good listening skills and speaks clearly in positive and negative situations.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all products, services, technology and regulations.
- Confidently recommends appropriate products and services designed to meet customer needs in a pleasant and professional manner, building rapport and demonstrating a genuine interest in helping the customer.
- Recognize and recommend appropriate solutions through a series of relevant questioning utilizing our CARE Program tools to meet or exceed individual sales goals.
- Ability to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk and profitability to the bank.
- Personalizes each customer interaction while accurately processing banking transactions.
- Maintains strong customer relationships to expand cross sell opportunities and expanding customer relationships.
- Able to effectively discuss process and open all types of deposit products.
- Actively participates in branch daily huddles and follows through on team commitments.
- Recognizes referral opportunities and initiates introductions to other lines of business (Team Sales).
- Contributes to a positive working environment by developing trusting and cooperative relationships with customers and work associates.
- Applies constructive feedback to improve individual performance.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various locations as assigned
- Copy/fax/scanning/printing machine
- PC/Computer keyboard
- Currency/Coin machines
- Branch Capture equipment
- Cash advance/Cash dispense/Cash recycler equipment
- ATM machines
- Currency verifier
- Combination lock
- Check cutter
- Office doors & security equipment
First United Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.