Notice of Job Vacancy
POSITION: Instructor/Coordinator – Practical Nursing
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instructor will follow the state and local Practical Nursing curriculum, and prepare students for entry into the work force. Instructor will pursue West Virginia teaching certification during the first year of employment.
Must hold a valid unencumbered West Virginia License as Registered Nurse (RN) through the West Virginia Board of Examiners for registered Professional Nurses
Current West Virginia teacher certification preferred but not required.
Must have complete 3 years (6000 clock hours) employment as a registered professional nurse 3 years immediately preceding employment as a faculty member;
Must have or be enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program;
Must have at least 3 years of experience as a registered professional nurse which should include 2 years of patient side nursing care experience in an acute, intermediate or long term care clinical facility;
Must have 1 year experience in one or more of the following areas: teaching, supervision or administration; and present evidence of continuing education.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
James Rumsey Technical Institute salary schedule - $52,245 – 56,890 based on education level and years of experience.
Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, retirement, sick leave bonus and attendance bonus.
Curriculum and teacher certification training provided and paid for by West Virginia Department of Education and James Rumsey Technical Institute.
240 days employment contract from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Letters of application with resume of education and experience should be submitted to:
Donna Van Metre
James Rumsey Technical Institute,
3274 Hedgesville Road
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Equal employment opportunity is granted to all persons regardless of race, disability, religion, color, age, sex, or national origin, and no discrimination based upon such factors will be made in salary, promotion, demotion, transfer, or termination of any employee.
JAMES RUMSEY TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSING
Title: Coordinator/Classroom Instructor
Nature and Purpose: The coordinator is a registered professional nurse whose preparation and experience enables her/him to provide leadership for the administration of the program. She/he is responsible for developing and implementing the program to meet the philosophy and objectives developed by the state licensing board. The coordinator will also serve in the capacity of classroom instructor. In emergency situations or as determined by administration, the coordinator may serve as a substitute classroom and/or clinical instructor.
Accountable to: Building Principal/Assistant Principal
1. Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
2. Currently registered as a R.N. in West Virginia.
3. Holds a BSN Degree.
4. A minimum of three (3) years professional experience. The most recent year of experience shall be within the past three (3) years. Such experience shall include a minimum of three years in the following fields: teaching, supervision, or administration.
5. Holds membership and participated in the activities of nursing and educational organizations.
6. Has good mental and physical health.
7. Demonstrates ability to relate to and work effectively with people.
8. Seeks personal and professional growth through continuing education such as graduate study, and by attending workshops, seminars, and conferences.
1. Assume responsibility for organizing and directing the program under the jurisdiction of the director of James Rumsey Technical Institute. Directly responsible to the Assistant Principal for Post Secondary Education.
2. Establish a system for maintaining essential records that will be used to evaluate student’s progress while enrolled in the program and follow-up after graduation.
3. Report at least monthly the status of the program to the administrator and to the advisory committee as necessary.
4. Schedule regular departmental conferences and maintain a written record of discussions.
5. Seek from the LPN State Board and the advisory committee recommendations for establishing policies for recruitment, selection, admission, and counseling of students to determine criteria for progression and dismissal.
6. Visit areas used as clinical practice areas for the purpose of renewing contracts annually, setting orientation schedules, and conducting assessments of clinical rotations.
7. Plan and develop with administration the annual budgetary needs for the program.
8. Serve on the interview team and make recommendations for faculty appointments.
9. Arrange for selection activities including testing, interviewing, and selection of students.
10. Develop short and long range objectives and strategies for strengthening the program.
11. Establish criteria for on-going evaluation of curriculum, clinical facilities, and department.
12. Interpret changing practices in the utilization of the graduate practical nurse and adjust the educational program to accommodate these changes.
13. Develop and utilize course outlines, objectives, and lesson plans that reflect current concepts and practices in nursing.
14. Develop and revise curriculum that reflect current concepts and practices in nursing according to curriculum revision schedule.
15. Responsible for developing master rotation clinical and class schedule.
16. Direct, instruct, and supervise students’ learning in the classroom and clinical settings as specified in the course division master schedule.
17. Participate in continuing education for professional growth.
18. Other duties and responsibilities related to practical nurse education as assigned by administrator.
19. Committed to working toward N.L.N. Accreditation.
20. Computer literate with emphasis on word processing.