INSTRUMENTATION ELECTRICIAN TECHNICIAN
Position: Full Time; Evening Shift
Pay: Hourly, $29.97 to start
Location: MARTINSBURG, WV, US
Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America, and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
• Responsible for all computer driven and controlled plant equipment including but not limited to closed loop process controls, continuous emission monitors and related equipment.
• Maintain power distribution systems and maintain all instrument / control systems.
• Plans, implements, and maintains electrical and instrumentation regulatory programs.
• Trouble shoots and repairs electrical / instrumentation equipment as necessary.
• Respond to supervisor requests for resets, fuses, and overloads.
• Install power, control wiring, and conduit as needed.
• Reads schedules, attends, and participates in company training sessions including safety, equipment
modification/updates, process changes, and sessions mandated by regulatory agencies.
• Will be required to read and interpret blueprints, wire diagrams, and technical data/diagrams.
• Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries to self and others by observing and practicing all safety
policies and procedures, operating practices, and always wears appropriate PPE.
• Attend all classes / education / training as applicable for this position
• List of non-comprehensive and additional duties may be assigned at supervisor’s discretion.
• To ensure that all appropriate safety and environmental standards are met when completing any form of electrical maintenance on plant equipment, plant utilities and the plant infrastructure.
• To troubleshoot, repair and perform regular preventative maintenance on all plant motors (Low and Medium Voltage), and other related equipment.
• To perform preventative maintenance and repairs on Low and Medium Voltage circuit breakers, transformers, coils, and other related electrical equipment.
• Respond to requests for emergency call out maintenance outside of a regular scheduled shift as required to support a continuous production environment.
• Perform preventative maintenance and electrical repair work in accordance with plant standards and recognized electrical code while utilizing good craftsmanship, quality, and professionalism.
• Comply with all safety regulations and practices for this facility.
• Must be able to work as part of a team and individually to ensure timely repairs through troubleshooting techniques and be able to perform effective preventative maintenance inspections.
• Must be fully conversant with Electrical symbols, reading single line diagrams, electrical prints, P&ID’s and able to find the relevant sections of the code.
• Must be able to research circuit diagrams and equipment data using both electronic documents and printed media to identify correct solutions to problems.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED, 2-year degree or certification(s) in Industrial Electrical principals or related field.
1. Must meet WorkKeys entry-level profile as follows (company sends for testing):
Applied Mathematics – 5 Applied Technology – 5 Observation – 4
Locating Information – 4 Reading for Information - 5
*All employees that wish to apply for this position must release their test results to the company.
2. Must successfully pass interview process by demonstrating sufficient electrical knowledge.
3. Employee in good standing
4. Able to demonstrate Industrial Electrical Knowledge
5. Troubleshooting controls and medium voltage experience (i.e. 4160)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, confined space, outside weather conditions, low lighting, artificial lighting, and explosives. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, heat, proximity to electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed by the incumbent and the incumbent may be assigned to duties other than those listed in this document as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Those interested in applying must have a work permit for the country and have an advanced domain of the language in which the vacancy is located.