The President oversees and manages overall execution of the railroad strategy, business growth, operating plans, safety performance, and process improvement initiatives in relation to operating targets and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that meet or exceed company objectives. This successful candidate will have a combination of business development, sales and operations experience with the analytical abilities to develop, manage, and execute all initiatives related to the success of the Railroad. The President will interface with external and internal stakeholders to support growth initiatives and to establish relationships with key decision makers across customers, governmental agencies, and industry associations.
The President demonstrates and adheres to the company values of: safety, honesty, ownership, respect and teamwork to ensure successful partnership with customers and employees that result in OmniTRAX’s continued success.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
- FLSA Status: Exempt, Not Eligible for Overtime
- Eligible for Participation - Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Leads strategy over all business development to identify revenue enhancement and value creation opportunities
- Perform analytical/strategic thinking and ingenuity to help design and execute qualitative and quantitative business issues & projects: scenario planning, forecasting, business plan development, competitive intelligence, profitability, etc.
- Supports Sales and Marketing, Transload, and Engineering Departments to ensure customer satisfaction and infrastructure growth/maintenance
- Find demand in marketplace to grow customer activity while leading all new business development efforts
- Manage and market corridor assets, real estate properties and real estate related income portfolio for the Railroad
- Conduct property inspections
- Communicate effectively with staff and stakeholders regarding financial and operational status
- Drive all stakeholders to maximize growth and efficiencies opportunities
- Prepare and deliver executive presentations with insights of business development and investment opportunities to strategically meet growth objectives
- Accountable for asset utilization to include: routine evaluation of requirements, capital improvement projects to maximize efficiency; excess assets and facilities offered as revenue source
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Complete accountability and oversight of 24/7 operations with SAFETY and ENVIRONMENT as the highest priorities next to financial stewardship
- Accountable for Railroads financials, budgeting and forecasting; overall financial performance of the railroad to include: P&L, yearly budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Work with and support internal departments to ensure smooth operations of railroad, customer satisfaction, maintenance and improvements of railroad infrastructure
- In conjunction with General Manager develop, approve, and conduct periodic review of operating procedures for all railroad activities to include: technical, operational and support functions
- Act as local spokesperson for OmniTRAX
- Develop and maintain safety culture among all staff members
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Local field and commercial team
- Exempt and non-exempt employees
- Provide leadership, mentoring and guidance to team with execution of projects; set performance goals, and provide on-going coaching of employees to achieve career objectives, cultivate a high performance culture; build a leadership pipeline throughout the organization
- Set the example, create and lead the culture of mutual respect, cooperation and attention to detail for employees to deliver profitable execution on business goals
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 10 years’ job-related work experience in a position with P&L responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Minimum of two years’ supervisory experience
- Detail oriented and customer focused
- Leadership and mentoring skills: develop a high performing team
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Driven to deliver results
- Analyze data: identify trends reviewing statistical reports and metrics; recommend and implement efficiencies
- Read, comprehend and comply with published rules, procedures and manuals, inspection checklists, government regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, memo and other work-related information
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills in operational issues resulting in effective resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; effectively communicate with all level of employees and business associates in a clear, concise and professional manner
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in Rail Transportation, Supply Chain Logistics, Manufacturing, Economic Development, and/or Sales & Marketing
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance to General Core of Operating Rules (GCOR), FRA requirements specific to the operation and movement of trains
- Thorough knowledge of and compliance to railroad operations, including, but not limited to: Transportation, Maintenance of Way, and Mechanical
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Work in a climate controlled office and routinely use standard office equipment
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions caused by the weather including: snow, rain, heat and sub-freezing temps
- Up to 20% and as business requires
OmniTRAX is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. All new hires are required to successfully complete a post-offer employment test which includes a medical and physical evaluation related to the physical requirements and the essential functions of the job, as well as a drug screen and criminal background check.
Fulfilling a role in an industry that keeps this country running isn’t the only reason to work for OmniTRAX. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation, sick days, holidays, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and other voluntary benefits.
OmniTRAX is proud to be an EEO/Veteran/Disability employer.
To keep employees safe, we are screening employees, as well as providing masks, gloves, sanitizer, and wipes. We are also taking all necessary precautions required by the CDC, Federal, State, and local governments.