PRODUCTION MANAGER II
Company: ARGOS USA LLC
Country: UNITED STATES
Location: MARTINSBURG, WV, US
Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of
cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
General purpose of the job
To manage the production department so that all sections operate as one cohesive
unit. Oversee equipment optimization, utilization and reliability while maintaining quality,
compliance with environmental limitation, and within or under budgeted costs. The
Production Manager also manages the process department to support, communicate, and
coordinate the plants needs regarding Process and Engineering issues while continuously
seeking to optimization and bring about continuous improvement
• Must be proven as a successful Production Manager in the cement
• Be able to create and adhere to long-term scheduling, supervision of the
plant production, maintaining quality, environmental compliance, and safety
are the prime tasks.
• Responsible to prepare the annual budget for his departments in
conjunctions with the Plant Controller and to monitor the performance
relative to the budget monthly.
• Responsible to develop necessary capital expenditures within his
department to maintain and improve productivity.
• This person is a major contributor to the three-year technical plan.
• Maintaining a sound working relationship with the hourly employees and the
union executive within the confines of the Collective Agreement.
• This person must be knowledgeable in all facets of operation in the cement
• Will need to be able to replace any of his subordinates when required.
• Keep abreast of new technology and be receptive to new ideas as well as
running test trials when required.
• Helps prepare and ensures that all departments are developing their people
through training and communication.
• Holds regular communication meetings with his peers and subordinates and
ensures the information is getting down to lower levels.
• Must be available “on-call” on a rotating basis with other members of the
• Assesses the performance of his staff through regular discussions, objectives,
and year-end performance review.
• Must ensure that all his subordinates are always working safely and in an
environmentally acceptable manner through regular monthly safety
meetings, reviews, and on the job coaching. He must take a leadership role in
the plant safety program and actively insist on environmental compliance
with all permits and other regulatory requirements.
• Work with Stores and Purchasing Department to establish necessary spare
parts and inventory levels.
• Provide the Controller with monthly accruals related to the Production
• Responsible for reviewing plant operating performances to ensure
adherence for reviewing to corporate technical plans, quality standards,
optimum production practices.
Educational Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Technical knowledge and certifications
Experience in cement and process manufacturing or related industry.
Fluent - English-C1
Those interested in applying must have a work permit for the country and have an
advanced domain of the language where the vacancy is located.