Valley College’s Growth:
Valley College continues to grow, evolve, and thrive in the postsecondary education community. As a result of continued success and growth, we are looking for an experienced Staff Account for our institution.
Valley College is focused on providing our students with skills and knowledge that they need to not only excel in the classroom, but gain the skills and knowledge that employers are looking for from today’s college graduates.
Valley College has continued to make a positive impact on the lives of our students, sustained success of the industries that our students join, and the communities that we serve.
Do you want to join our professional team? We are a fast paced office, requiring accuracy, attention to detail, confidentially and excellent communication skills. Our company changes people’s lives, you must be dedicated to our mission and values.
Mission – Our mission is to meet the educational and professional needs of the community by delivering quality degree and certificate programs, which are flexible and career oriented.
Values – Integrity, Effectiveness, Leadership, Teamwork and Growth.
This is a full time onsite Staff Accountant position at their corporate office in Martinsburg West Virginia. Applicant MUST have prior experience in a corporate setting, a Bachelor’s degree, 2-5 years of experience as a Staff Accountant, advanced Excel skills, full-cycle A/P, in house payroll, accrual accounting, data entry, reconciliations, journal entry, and audit preparations. Background and credit check required.
- Proficient in accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Accrual Accounting
- Payroll Administration
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial data
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards
- Supervise all finance activities performed by accounting clerks.
- GL Reconciliations
- Fixed Asset and Depreciation Maintenance
- Monthly Income Statements
- Marketing and other supplementary financial reporting.
- Sales and Use Tax processing and payment.
- B&O Tax processing and payment.
- Tuition Billing and Adjustments.
- Tuition Options Loan Default processing
- Payroll Journal Entries and Taxes
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of relevant, hands-on Staff Accountant experience
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines
- Professional attitude and dress required.
We offer a competitive wage and we are an equal opportunity employer. After a qualifying period, the following benefits are available: Health, dental, vision, life, 401K, long and short-term disability, accident, cancer, critical illness, and hospitalization. We also provide holiday pay, paid time off and tuition assistance after a probationary period.