CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
2023 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
In accordance with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce, Inc., nominations of individuals for election to serve on the Board of Directors are now open and will be received until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022.
- Nominations will be accepted from members in good standing only.
- Nominee must be a member in good standing.
- Nominee must be committed to the goals of the Chamber of Commerce and actively participate in regularly scheduled meetings and events. Involvement on a sub-committee of the Chamber is encouraged but not required.
- January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2025.
- The Board of Directors meet six (6) times per year beginning in February of each year. Dates and times will be determined. Other meetings may be called at the discretion of the Chairman and/or Executive Committee.
- Nominations will be received on official Call for Nominations Form until 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 8, 2022.
- Not later than the 18th day of August, the Elections Committee shall prepare and send via email, to each qualified member, a ballot containing the names of the persons so nominated, with instructions to the voter to vote for ten of such persons and to return the ballot not later than the 25th day of August.
- If no more than ten (10) nominations are received through the open call for nominations, the proposed directors may be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- The Elections Committee shall convene, and certify to the Board of Directors and to the President and CEO, the names of the ten persons receiving the highest number of votes and elected as new Directors; having performed said duties, the Elections Committee shall be dissolved.
Please contact Elizabeth Webster, President & CEO, at (304) 267-4841 or [email protected] if you should have any questions or comments about the Call for Nominations or elections process. A complete membership list can be found on www.berkeleycounty.org/membership.