MEMBERS OF THE MARTINSBURG-BERKELEY COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WELCOME YOU TO OUR COMMUNITY!The Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce, established in 1926, is a private non-profit volunteer business organization comprised of 500 businesses and organizations and thousands of people, who work together to create opportunities and solve problems for the betterment of the community. The Chamber provides members with a diverse array of advertising, leadership, networking, and training opportunities.
a few words about us
The Mission of the Chamber is to facilitate the economic progress of its members. Benefits of membership include:
- INVOLVEMENT in Berkeley County's leading business organization giving a UNIFIED VOICE to local business and industry.
- NETWORKING with "movers and shakers" in Berkeley County.
- ADVERTISING opportunities and EXPOSURE for your business through Chamber event sponsorships and chamber publications.
- TO MEMBERS on vital issues, legislation, Chamber activities and community updates through our monthly newsletter and email updates.
- ABOUT MEMBERS in the form of referrals for products and services.
- TO NEW business, industry and individual relocation requests about schools, housing, shopping, recreation, economic indicators, and other demographics.
- LEADERSHIP opportunities and training through the Chamber's "Leadership Berkeley" program and other workshops and seminars.
- A PROFESSIONAL, FULL-TIME STAFF working for your business and community interests.
Staff & Officers
PRESIDENT & CEO
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & EVENTS
Kenneth J. Barton, Jr.
Joining the Chamber is Like Giving Yourself a RAISE
- We give a collective voice to business and industry in Berkeley County- A VOICE THAT IS HEARD! Our Government Affairs Committee identifies legislative issues of importance to members -- small and large -- and represents those concerns to legislators and other elected and appointed government officials. The Chamber maintains frequent contact with key people in all levels of government -- Federal, State, County and City.
- We provide access to information concerning issues of particular importance to Chamber members.
- We have Rise & Shine Breakfasts, which are twice a month with interesting speakers who address business and community issues.
- We provide opportunities to meet with State and Federal Legislators.
- We provide opportunities to interact with local people who are making things happen in Berkeley County.
- We provide information TO and ABOUT members every day! We receive numerous requests for information ABOUT our members and our community. And we provide timely information TO our members through our newsletter, broadcast email service, and our Rise & Shine breakfast programs.
- We give referrals to member businesses every day... how else can you have customers and clients sent directly to your door?
- We offer inexpensive and effective opportunities for advertising in our newsletter, member directory, broadcast email service and periodic special publications.
- We offer LEADERSHIP BERKELEY - a comprehensive program designed to encourage and develop community leaders.
- We work with elected officials to make positive changes on issues that affect the business community.
- We address educational issues in conjunction with public schools, technical schools, colleges and training for business and industry to help create and maintain a quality workforce.
Economic & Community Development
- We work closely with the Berkeley County Development Authority and City and County officials to provide information and assistance to business and industry prospects interested in Berkeley County locations.
- We work closely with state and local business organizations to insure a positive business climate in Berkeley County while maintaining a high quality of life.